PENGARUH 4C MEDIA SOSIAL TERHADAP MINAT BERKUNJUNG WISATAWAN DOMESTIK

  • Tettie Setiyarti STIMI Handayani Denpasar
  • Grace Felas Silitonga STIMI Handayani Denpasar
  • Pipit Sundari STIE Semarang

Abstract

The influence of social media on tourism has risen, since through it tourists can get information to help them in their travel planning process. This article will focus on looking at the influence of social media on the visiting interest of domestic tourists using the 4C indicators (context, communications, collaboration, and connections) proposed by Chris Heuer, with Nusa Penida as a case study. The research that forms the basis for writing this article was carried out in the fourth quarter of 2020 when the Covid-19 pandemic occurred, hence all the questionnaires were distributed online through Google Forms. The study found that while the ‘connection’, ‘context’, ‘communication’, and ‘collaboration’ variables simultaneously have a significant effect, only ‘collaboration’ partially has a significant positive effect on the visiting interest of domestic tourists. Furthermore, although the regression model can statistically be used to determine the interest in visiting domestic tourists, the effect is not large, only 32.8%, while the remaining 67.2% is influenced by other factors. This indicates that a deeper research is needed on social media indicators that, directly or indirectly, affect the interest of domestic tourists to visit a particular tourist site such as Nusa Penida.

Published
2022-02-04
How to Cite
SETIYARTI, Tettie; SILITONGA, Grace Felas; SUNDARI, Pipit. PENGARUH 4C MEDIA SOSIAL TERHADAP MINAT BERKUNJUNG WISATAWAN DOMESTIK. Prosiding, [S.l.], p. 90-104, feb. 2022. Available at: <http://ojs.stimihandayani.ac.id/index.php/PROSIDING/article/view/444>. Date accessed: 02 oct. 2022.
Section
Articles